Experience, Software Engineering
Feb 2017 - April 2018
- Member of engineering team of four in an early stage, green energy focused startup. Worked closely with design and marketing teams to take the product through alpha, beta, and public launches and Series A funding.
- Responsible for entire back end of user facing product. Led projects, delivered features, squashed bugs, and wrote unit and integration tests in codebase using Go, Protocol Buffers, and boltDB (a noSQL key/value store).
- Delivered features and refactored code in billing API codebase using Go and Protocol Buffers.
- Used Git and Github for version control and code review process. Used Concourse for continuous testing and continuous integration.
- Spearheaded documentation maintenance and organization. Mentored teammates who were new Go.
- Handled assorted third party integrations as they arose: Stripe, Plaid, Google Analytics with custom events, Google Tag Manager, Friendbuy (marketing partner). Built and maintained our blog's Wordpress instance.
- Managed deploys to production weekly, using Concourse automation.
February 2016 - August 2016
- Member of six person engineering team in early stage hardware startup.
- Delivered accessible, responsive, well tested front end code to user facing product, using HTML, SASS, and React with Redux architecture.
- Delivered well tested, robust features for Rails back end of user facing product, including SQL to access relational database.
- Participated in requirements definition for customer facing web application in preparation for and in support of beta launch.
- Managed deploys to production weekly.
Northwest Independent Ruby Development
June 2013 - February 2016
- Member of a small team in software consultancy. Worked on a wide variety of sizes and types of projects: prototypes, new products to market, existing products with thousands or millions of active daily users. Roles varied per project: solo dev, part of internal team, or embedded in client company. In almost all projects, I interacted directly with the client in some capacity.
- Led development teams for multiple client projects. This included requirements gathering, project management, and engineering team management.
- Mentored teammates in technical and professional development. Built curriculum for internal and external trainings on Angular and Rails.
- Used Agile development methodology, with an emphasis on collaboration and pair programming.
Experience, Software Education
Instructor, HTML5 & CSS3 Program
August 2014 - present
- Develop curriculum appropriate for adult learners at a variety of experience levels.
- Provide mentoring and support to students outside the classroom.
- Participate in community outreach and student recruitment efforts.
Advisory Board Member, HTML5 & CSS3 Program
January 2014 - present
- Collaborate to develop program design, learning goals, and teaching guidelines for "HTML5, CSS3 and Responsive Web Design" certificate program.
- Review content, guide design, and recommend updates to ensure the program remains current as the field of study evolves.
June 2017 - August 2017
- Taught HTML and CSS course for adult learners.
Instructor and Curriculum Creator
August 2013 - February 2016
- Developed curriculum for adult learners on Ruby, Rails, Git, and Github.
October 2013 - March 2014
- Coordinated 60+ volunteers.
- Provide teaching assistance on Rails, Ruby, Git, Heroku, and other web development subjects.
- Assisted with curriculum planning and development.
- Planned and executed educational events for the public.
Florida Atlantic University
Bachelor of Arts, Fine Arts,
Seattle Central College
Certificate, Computer Programming,
University of Washington, Professional & Continuing Education
Certificate, Ruby Programming,
2016 - present
- Teaching assistance in one day robotics workshops inside correctional institutions.
- Participate in roundtables and workshops in software degree programs inside correctional institutions.
2011 - present
- From 2014 - present, build and maintain library management software, Libcat, source
- From 2011 - 2014, as Lead Library Volunteer, Manage operations for a 6,000 volume lending library and its staff of 17 volunteers. Plan and execute community outreach events. Maintain collection database.